Florida Anchor and Barrier: Your Mobile Home Vapor Barrier Experts
When it comes to repairing or replacing your mobile home vapor barrier or underbelly, Florida Anchor and Barrier is your go-to expert. With extensive experience in handling issues related to damaged or torn vapor barriers, we help protect your mobile home from moisture, mildew, and pests that can cause extensive damage.
If Hurricane Ian has damaged your mobile or manufactured home’s vapor barrier, contact us for a free estimate. We will assess the damage, provide a complete inspection of your insulation, A/C ducts, plumbing, electrical, and subfloor, and offer recommendations for repair or replacement.
Damaged mobile home vapor barriers can lead to a variety of problems:
- Soft and sagging floors due to moisture entering from below
- Mold and mildew infiltrating your home through torn vapor barriers
- Ruined laminate, tile, carpet, and wood floors from moisture
- Increased A/C and heating bills due to lost air through damaged vapor barriers
- Pests and rodents entering your home through damaged vapor barriers
- Wet, smelly insulation in your mobile home’s floors
Our comprehensive vapor barrier installation includes these essential repairs:
Vapor Barrier Checklist for Mobile and Manufactured Homes:
- Replace damaged and wet insulation with R-19 insulation as needed
- Install threaded vapor barrier (tab-nailed to floor joists)
- Spray foam around pipes and fittings to retain warm and cool air
- Check outward clinch fasteners around I-beams in your floor
- Check for re-strap duct fittings to protect ducts
- Install duct lift blocks if needed
- Re-tighten anchor ties if possible
- Re-level mobile home floor
- Optional before and after photos (customer supplied camera
Investing in a quality mobile home vapor barrier will protect your health and home, saving you thousands of dollars over the life of your mobile home. Damaged or torn vapor barriers allow pests, mildew, moisture, and lost energy to enter your home, causing health issues and increased energy costs.
If mold and mildew become a problem, we can recommend a reputable Mold Remediation Company in your area. Mold is a serious issue and can cause health problems if left untreated.
A properly installed mobile home vapor barrier keeps your home dry and prevents air from entering or leaving. If moisture has damaged your floor, we can also provide composite flooring installation on top of the floor joists to accommodate tile, carpet, or linoleum flooring.
Contact Florida Anchor and Barrier today to ensure your mobile home is protected with a quality vapor barrier.
Call to find out if we service your city!
SERVICE ZONE (COUNTIES): Charlotte, Citrus, Collier, Glades, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Saint Lucie, Sarasota, Sumter, Volusia
HEAD OFFICE: 11590 US Hwy 19 N Clearwater, FL 33764