Mobile Home Hurricane Anchors are your last line of defence against Hurricanes and other major storms common to Florida. While mobile homes are affordable, popular and a flexible option for housing, these homes are vulnerable to damage during hurricanes, and the anchor system is one of the most critical components of ensuring the safety of mobile homes during a storm. Florida Anchor and barrier Installs and repairs Hurricane Anchors all over Florida. like to tell you about the importance of mobile home hurricane anchors and how to go about replacing your anchors.
What are Mobile Home Anchors?
Mobile home anchors are metal devices that are used to secure a mobile home to the ground. These anchors prevent the home from being lifted or moved during high winds and storms. The anchors are typically installed at the corners of the mobile home and are connected to the home’s frame with straps or chains.
Why is Mobile Home Hurricane Anchor Replacement Important?
Mobile home hurricane anchor replacement is important because the anchors can become damaged or corroded over time. If the anchors are not in good condition, they may fail during a hurricane or tropical storm, causing significant damage or even total loss of the home.
Additionally, Florida building codes require that mobile homes be anchored according to specific standards to ensure their safety during a storm. If your mobile home does not meet these standards, you may not be eligible for insurance coverage or disaster assistance in the event of a hurricane or tropical storm.
Replacing Your Mobile Home Anchors
Replacing your mobile home anchors is a critical task that should be undertaken by a licensed contractor. The following steps outline the process of mobile home hurricane anchor replacement:
- Choose a licensed contractor: Look for a licensed contractor who specializes in mobile home anchor replacement. You can find licensed contractors by searching online or asking for recommendations from friends, family, or your mobile home park management.
- Inspection: Florida Anchor and Barrier will inspect your mobile home to determine the type and number of anchors required to meet the building code standards. They will also inspect the ground to determine the best type of anchor to use based on soil conditions.
- Removal of Old Anchors: We will remove the old anchors from your mobile home by cutting the straps or chains that connect the anchor to the frame.
- Installation of New Anchors: Florida Anchor and Barrier will install the new anchors according to the building code standards. The type of anchor used will depend on the soil conditions and the weight of the mobile home.
- Connection to Frame: We will connect the new anchors to the mobile home’s frame using new straps or chains.
- Inspection and Certification: After the installation is complete, we will inspect the anchors to ensure that they meet building code standards. They will then provide you with a certification that your mobile home meets the anchoring requirements.
Mobile home hurricane anchor replacement is essential to ensure the safety of your home during a storm. If your anchors are damaged or corroded, they may fail during a hurricane, causing significant damage or loss of the home. Additionally, mobile homes that do not meet building code standards may not be eligible for insurance coverage or disaster assistance in the event of a storm.
It is essential to have your mobile home anchors inspected and replaced by a licensed contractor to ensure that the job is done correctly and meets building code standards. By taking these steps, you can ensure that your mobile home is safe and secure during a hurricane or tropical storm, protecting your property and your family.
Florida Anchor and Barrier are State Certified General Contractors CGC 004138 and we’re experts at replacing and repairing your Hurricane Anchors.